Thank you for taking the time to help rank the proposed Canadian Additional Questions for the 2019 National College Health Assessment (NCHA). Once the additional questions have been determined, Canadian institutions participating in the 2019 NCHA will have the opportunity to opt into these questions.
In this survey you will be asked to rank different TOPICS, and then different QUESTIONS within those topics. As much as possible, please try to limit your response to one per institution.
This form will be collecting responses from July 24 – August 13. Our anticipated timeline is to communicate the confirmed additional questions the week of August 20 – 24.
In determining potential additional questions, we took into consideration the following factors:
– As much as possible additional items should be limited in number and length
– Cost is determined by number of variables
– Questions need to be relevant across colleges and universities
– If we want to compare responses to these questions over time, we need to commit to repeating questions in the future or use questions that have been administered previously
– If we want to compare against the general Canadian population we need questions where we can access general Canadian results
– Is there a gap that this question will help identify?
– Will the data generated be helpful in informing campus programs or helping advocate for resources?
– Have the questions been tested for validity?
– Do we have permission to use the questions?
The working group for these additional questions includes: Rachelle McGrath (MRU), Shawna Bava and Naveid Dar (U of C), Aimee Juan (Lakehead University), Kevin Friese and Melissa Visconti (U of A), Michele Regehr (TWU), Christine Kukich (ACHA), and Rachel Tennant (NIRSA).