Canadian Conference on Promoting Healthy Relationships for Youth:
Breaking Down the Silos in Addressing Mental Health & Violence
This is a conference for youth advocates, policy makers, researchers, educators, mental health, youth justice, and social service professionals involved in the prevention of relationship violence and the promotion of youth well-being in families, schools, and communities.
The conference program includes:
- The benefits of universal prevention programs to address relationship violence
- The Healthy Relationships Plus Program: Embedding mental health promotion in an evidence-based healthy relationships approach
- Addressing the role of technology in relationship violence
- Social media and sexual violence
- Emerging approaches to dating violence in adolescents
- Trauma-informed schools
- Understanding the intersection between bullying and mental health
- Promoting well-being among Aboriginal youth through healthy relationships
Registration is open until February 10, 2017.